Durban Veterinary Clinic is committed to
protecting your privacy. We make sure
that your personal information is collected and used in a lawful, transparent manner
at all times.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your personal information is collected mainly though the client information/application form you or your representative complete when you request our services or purchase products from us. This information is collected directly from you or your representative when you or your representative provide us with your personal details.
We may also collect website usage information when you visit the Site which allows us to collect standard internet usage information.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically
collect certain information about your device, including information about your
web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed
on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information
about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or
search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with
the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your personal information for purposes which we are legally permitted to do. This includes the following purposes:
- Service delivery – to keep in contact with you regarding your pet and to enable us to deliver a professional service to you and your pet.
- Contractual rights and obligations – where the information is used to comply with contractual obligations.
- To fulfill our legal obligations, such as proper record keeping, but including all other legal obligations we are obliged to fulfil.
- Legal claims – where the information is used to defend us, make a claim against you, institute a prosecution or for any other legitimate related purpose.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your information for any stated purpose. Such consent may be withdrawn through an unsubscribe facility or in writing, depending on the reason for and the manner in which the original consent was obtained.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Durban Veterinary Clinic will not sell or provide your personal information to third parties for independent use. There are however circumstances in which we will share your information to third parties in order to conduct our business. We may share your person information with the following categories of third parties:
- Where we have a legal obligation to share information such as notification to the State Veterinary Services, the South African Veterinary Council and the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority. We will also share your personal data to comply with our other regulatory obligations, which may include providing your personal data to government, regulatory or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings, or investigations by such parties or where compelled to do so. If we are permitted and when possible, we will direct a request to you or notify you before responding, unless doing so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
- Veterinary service providers such as veterinary laboratory service providers, pathologists, referral specialists, carcass removal services, etc.
- Our business service providers, including but not limited to our accountants, auditors, financial advisors, bankers, debt collectors, legal advisors, internet service providers, etc.
- Our insurers and insurance brokers.
also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your
Personal Information at: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL
Your personal information will be kept for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and we are legally required to retain the information. If the data is collected for more than one purpose, it will be retained until the longest required period expires.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted (subject to our legal obligations to keep it). If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information provided at the bottom of this document.
If you feel aggrieved and we are not able to resolve your issue, you have the right to approach the Information Regulator at email@example.com for general enquiries or at complaints.IR@justice.gov.za for a complaint.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Durban Veterinary Clinic
Re: Information Officer
Address: 12 Currie Road, Musgrave, Durban, 4001.
DATE OF LAST UPDATE: 30 JUNE 2021